Friday, July 2, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award


The Versatile Blogger Award




I was absolutely shocked when I opened my email and found out I received this award.
I am honored to receive it. However, it comes with a few rules.
1. Thank those who loved me enough to bestow this gift.

2. Share seven things about myself.

3. Bestow this honor onto 15 newly discovered or followed bloggers–in no particular order–who are fantastic in some way.

4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.
Thank you for this honor, Lea. You honor me with more than just this award, but you already know how I feel about you.
Seven things about myself...oh dear.
1.) I used to go fishing every year at the creek like everyone else in my town on the first day of fishing, but I slipped behind Halp's cabin and slipped baloney on my hook out of sight of others because I hated the feel of worms. I wonder if that's why I never caught anything. I think the fish knew baloney was processed pseudo food and not a wiggly, I suppose, tasty worm.
2.) I got my first kiss while playing hide 'n' seek in the cornfield when I was seven from Salty Millard.
3.) When I was in school we did a rushed job putting Romeo and Juliet on. I had the role of the Chief Watch. Because it was rushed, the teacher/director, allowed the "actors" to have their lines in crib notes stashed all over the stage. I was the only one who actually had them memorized.
4.) I spent the first eight years of school in Catholic school...never had day of gym till ninth grade, and found I really hated the rings, softball, sit ups, and laps around the track.
5.) My best friend was my German Shepard Heidi and she loved water, so when my folks weren't looking, like at midnight, we'd sneak out of the house and jump in the pool and frolic together for hours. She was so much fun and did a really mean dog paddle.
6.) Much to her teacher's chagrin, I let Kat start reading adult novels when she was 12. Made her the envy of all her peers, but she took a speed reading course and grew out of tween stuff by the time she was nine. It was either let her read mature themes or have her give up her first love.
7.) When I was seven, the Erie locks scared the bejeeburs out of me so much I'm still afraid to look down from high places.
Now we come to the tough stuff...other people with blogs that haven't already been given this award by my estimable friends.
I actually don't have any new ones.
My son used to have one...I haven't been there in awhile, so don't know if it's still up, but hold on while I check...It's not exactly a blog...it's more a website. My son is a master welder, and some of the amazing pieces he's created are here. So
All I can do is name 14 other people whom I love from the bottom of my heart that are not bloggers, but if they were would be very creative indeed.
2.) My children's uncle, Retired Colonel Eric Rydbom: Eric is the brother I wish I always had, but will never give back now.
3.) Reverend Audrey Rydbom, Eric's wife and a sister anyone would be proud to take into their heart forever more
4.) Elsie Rydbom, my beautiful new daughter by marriage. She gave my son back his smile. I am forever in her debt.
5.) Margaret Cutshall, my beloved and deeply missed Grandmother. Nonnie, you gave me the foundation of honor. Thank you for sticking around those extra six years.
6.) Claire Zelman, someone who came into my world and showed me how to find home. Love you Claire.
7.) Mary Powers an 80 plus year old woman who would have been an amazing blogger with stories to tell and a wonderful way of doing so.
8.) Katie Sickle, another 80 plusser who lived with Mary when I was a child and enthralled this girl to never stop dreaming.
9.) Winnie Dozier a 75 year old woman who survived the Blitzkrieg, and interracial prejudice in America's south before Martin Luther King made strides in equal rights.
10.) Alice Derkye, an 83 year old woman who survived Hitler and is the most gracious, gentle spirit I have ever known...in spite of Hitler.
11.) Evelyn Santillo, a 78 year old woman with advanced Parkinson's Disease who still jumps up to help others. I hope I am as giving and caring as she is when I reach her age.
12.) Detective Walt Ward, who showed me the way towards freedom and serenity.
13.) Bill Riches, my mentor. He showed me what a truly honorable teacher should be and instilled the patience that was second nature to him when dealing with the many challenges educating children born with Down Syndrome. I miss you Bill.
14.) Herb Friese. I took your classes because I wanted some background in the Criminal Justice system and learned not all law enforcement officers are power hungry and come even have astounding senses of humor, and because of you my AS degree has Criminal Justice as one of my co-majors. I couldn't get enough of learning at your feet. Thanks Herb, and I miss you horribly too.
15.) Perry Kaufmann, you made me apply the Sociology courses to my real life, and grow; you also honored me when you changed you curriculum because of what I..little me...taught you.
and please understand I must add one more:
16.) Michael Intintoli. I took Anthropology to fulfill my Liberal Arts requirements and you made me write about a modern society with humor. Although I no longer have that paper, I will never forget the investigative process it took to write about today's Eraflew society. (For those of you who don't recognize the Eraflew society, spell it backwards.)
I know this does not meet the written requirements of my awards, but each of these people named here would have amazing blogs if they had them. So I hope all of you, including you Daughter of mine, will forgive me for taking this shortcut.

No comments:

Post a Comment