Saturday, June 26, 2010

Genesis



In the beginning the world stood still and onto the backdrop of blankness a hand reached out and My Oyster World Began.




Not long ago, I sat content in my willingness to hide the creative part of me away, letting it surface only briefly and always with a tight reign kept on its activities. Fear, paralysing fear, had been the villain, fear of repeating events from ten years ago.




Ten years ago I let my muse freely dance and play wherever she felt like going, until the two demons from Publishing Hell came in and corralled her into the limitations and demands of poetry.




My muse can write stanzas and maintain pentameter, but it makes her wither. When she withers she ends the freedom that is her Storyteller keeping it from soaring and breathing within her oyster world. The two demons would not let her breathe beyond the contraints of poetry, so she withered killing the poetry too.


Fallow. Broken. Lost.




Not today. Thanks to the constant support of my daughter, my amazing editor, and a woman who has done more to undo the damage done so long ago to my muse, the shell is open and within my oyster word, the pearl is shining once more.




I dedicate this Blog's Genesis to Kathy, Carrie and Lea. You three women saved my pearl and let my oyster open once more.




Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment