Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LJ HOLMES PRESENTS: MY LIFE AS A DOG by Cynthia and Mike Arsuaga

When you hear the word "shapeshifter" what do you think of?

Yeah that seems to be what everyone thinks of...the big old hairy, snarling, scarier than movie villains werewolves. Life is SOOO not fair.

Let me assure you, good things really DO come in small packages. Take a look at this and try telling me this is not a REALLY good thing?

NO, no, no! Can the

awww's. I'm not going for CUTE here. I'm looking for reactions like,

powerful,

intimidating,

mighty,

da-an-ger-ous!

Stop laughing! That is SOOOO

not cool.

Small packages can hold suprising secrets. Look, I'll make a deal with you. You stop laughing for the next

fifteen minutes and I'll explain why you really SHOULD be

wary of me. Deal?

Great. I know what you are seeing when you look my way...

a scruffy, teeny, tiny, dog...well, not JUST a dog...but a bonified Pure Bred Yorkshire Terrier.

Now because you're looking, and I'm sorta shy, I can't show you what else I am. We have protocols and regs to follow just like you...average humans.

No! Don't take offense. Being "average" has its advantages. You never have to worry about standing out in a crowd...which can be a good thing if the crowd you're with is involved in...

let's say not quite legal activities. Am I right?

Of course I am. So where was I? Oh yeah!

Protcols and Regs. First I have been around a loooong time. You know
awww, cute photos, aww, cutest photoblog, aw, cute pics, sweet, lovely photos, sweet photos
the nine lives that cats have? That's a heartbeat to me.

I have this really great sniffer, and NOT just because I'm a dog, although that IS a big help. Still having

a great sniffer when you are whelped to be

an ace private detective is a pretty good thing.

But, when I revert to my human half,

I'm a really GREAT looking guy, and one helluva ladies man. I have the ladies in

my paw...yeah, I know lame dog humor, but it's the truth.

I had no idea that my life both as a dog AND as a man would change when

six year old, cuter than a button Kady Hartley came into

the shelter looking for a pet.

I told you guys already that I am...

well a SMALL dog. Can't all be

Doberman Pinschers.

Kady had mentioned to her folks that she really wanted a BIG dog,

like a labrador...God don't you hate dogs that act like they are so great because they are taller than a minute?

I looked at Kady and something deep in my doggie innards flipped. I HAD to go home with this girl.

But I really was looking decidedly

scruffy that day. Definitely not at my best, but I really am a CUTE dog. All I had to do was pour on the Yorkie charm since I couldn't wave my hand and say,


Kady's dad wasn't encouraging. He just saw the

burrs in my saddle and thorns beneath my paws.

No, not literally. Geez! Work with me here!

Thank God Kady saw more because that day began the rest of my life...and oh boy did Kady grow up into a

knock 'em dead beauty...and grrrrrr to any of you guys out there aiming your suave but insincere eyes Kady's way. Not only is she protected by yours truly, she's ALSO a highly trained

FBI agent...so step away from the beauty, NOW!

Bet you're all wondering how I can do my

private detecting while spending the years lolling in the lap of Kady's developing affection. Yeah, you really ARE nosy Petes.

If you want to find out, you need to follow Mike Arsuaga

and his Lovely wife,

Cynthia, documenters of my amazing tale, to their publisher's website.

My Life As A Dog, Mike and Cynthia's debut collaboration will be available on March 7th, 2011 from SECRET CRAVINGS PUBLISHING

In the meantime check out their websites for more information about this creative team and see what else they have either already out, or coming soon.

MIKE ARSUAGA

CYNTHIA ARSUAGA

No comments:

Post a Comment